Web Site Marketing Facts and Trends
- Look at Web Site
- Web Analytics
- Goals & Objectives
- Finding the Right Search Terms
- Baseline Report
- Search Engine Optimization Part 1 - Titles and META Data
- Search Engine Optimization Part 2 - Page Content
Search Engine Optimization Statistics and Trends
- 85% of all Internet users use a search engine to find specific information.
- 80% of all first-time visitors to your website are the direct result of search engine queries.
- The top search engine (Google) averages nearly 150 million searches per day.
- Over 43% of people who bought on-line found the website via a search engine.
- People who spend five or more hours a week on-line average an astounding 71% of their time searching for information.
- When buying a product, consumers are nearly 5 times more likely to buy them after seeing search listings versus banners.
- 90% of users don't look past the top 30 positions of their search (your keywords/phrases are ineffective if they fall below that level).
- According to a Direct Marketing Association study, using web site marketing services was the top method cited by Web site marketers to drive traffic to their sites (66%).
- 92% of online consumers use search engines to shop and/or purchase online according to a report published by the NPD Group.
- The web site marketing industry, now generating $1.5 billion in sales, is expected to become a $7 billion industry by 2007.